Sunday, February 22, 2015

Five Questions for Kelly Oberlin, Actor

Kelly Oberlin is playing Amelia in The Nosemaker’s Apprentice. We asked her five questions.

Kelly in rehearsal for Avenue Q
What made you first interested in acting? 
I first became interested in acting when I was just a little girl.  I always liked to perform for everyone so when I had the chance to be in a church musical I took the opportunity.  That was my first real experience with acting and I haven't stopped acting since.

What do you find interesting about The Nosemaker’s Apprentice?
The absolute hilarity that is this script is what's most appealing about this show.  Just the words themselves will have audience members rolling with laughter.

What is the most challenging aspect of acting in this particular play?
The most challenging part about acting in such a great comedy is actually breaking character and laughing.  I'm working alongside such great comedic actors that there are times when I just can't keep it together!

Kelly and friend
What would be your ideal role or roles in any show?
My dream role would be Elphaba in the musical Wicked.  Wicked holds a special place in my heart because it was the first show I ever saw on Broadway and ultimately was what set my dreams of one day being on Broadway myself.

If you were a fruit or vegetable, what would you be?
If I were a vegetable, I'd be a baby carrot because they're "Kelly sized." When I was little, whenever my older siblings found a small sized food, my siblings would say it was "Kelly sized."  So it's only appropriate that I would be a "Kelly sized" vegetable.

Kelly Oberlin is a senior integrated emphasis with a dance minor.  She works as an assistant director and assistant choreographer at Mifflinburg Area High School. In her free time Kelly loves going to New York to feed her Broadway obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment